Notice of Job Opening
Gate House Attendant
The Fishers Island Development Corporation is seeking qualified candidates for the summer season. All applicants must be able to work weekends and holidays.
Job Description: Includes but is not limited to the following.
1. Controls access to the east end of the island through the gate pass process.
2. Communicates in a manner that is open, honest, and responsive in all situations.
3. Monitors the entrance and exit, acts to prevent unapproved entry and reports any such entry to the supervisor.
4. Must be computer literate and capable of learning new computer programs and systems.
5. Prepares logs or reports as required; maintains and updates computer database.
6. Collect payments and process credit cards and fill out balance sheet on a daily shift basis.
Job Type: Position: Part Time Temp Seasonal (with potential to become permanent)
Salary: Contingent on experience
- Must be a full-time Fishers Island Resident
- High School education or equivalent
- Must have computer experience and be proficient in MS Word and Excel
- Must pass mandatory drug screen
- Must pass criminal background check
- Must be able to work varied hours including weekends and holidays
- Must be available for the entire season