The recreation path is open to walkers, baby strollers, and bicycles only. Bicycles must have a sticker.
Bicycle stickers can be obtained at the Gatehouse and are free of charge for all residents and renters (proof of lease will be required). Bicycle stickers are used to identify members of the Island Community as they pass through the FIDCO security gate to use the Recreational Path. F.I. Bike sticker request form Stickers must be affixed to the bicycle and will not be issued for daily-rental bicycles. Waivers to use the Recreational Path must be signed by people 18 and over. Waivers are available at the gatehouse. Parents are required to sign waivers for children under 18. All NY State Bicycle Rules will be enforced. Electric bicycles are not permitted on the rec path.
RECREATION PATH REGULATIONS
A Parent or a parent-appointed person over age 14 must accompany children under 10.
- Each bike using the path must have a sticker.
- A release must be signed for all minors by guardian before use of the Path is granted.
- Helmets are mandatory for children age 14 & under are strongly encouraged for all.
- Ride in single file on the Path, including the bridges.
- Bicycles bells are mandatory, available at the gatehouse and must be rung to alert others.
- Yield to slower users.
- Speed limit is 12 mph.
- No motorized vehicles. No Electric bikes, No roller blades, skateboards or scooters.
- No speed bikers. Speed bikes are permitted to ride only on the road.
- Dogs must be on a leash. You must clean up after your dog.
- Path closes at sundown.
FIDCO has the right to deny access to the roads and beaches, and that the Recreation Path Foundation has the right to deny use of the Path, for any reason, including for any violation of the rules and regulations for such use.