Notice of Job Opening Fidco Employment Application
Gate House Attendant
The Fishers Island Development Corporation is seeking qualified candidates to fill an open position at the gate house. This is a 30-35 hour per week seasonal position with varied hours. All applicants must be able to work weekends and holidays.
Job Description: Includes but is not limited to the following.
- Controls access to the east end of the island through the gate pass process.
- Communicates in a manner that is open, honest, and responsive in all situations.
- Monitors the entrance and exit, acts to prevent unapproved entry and reports any such entry to the supervisor.
- Must be computer literate and experience with operation of closed circuit and standard TV monitors, video systems, alarm and access control systems is preferred.
- Prepares logs or reports as required; maintains and updates computer database.
- Collect payments and process credit cards and fill out balance sheet on a daily shift basis.
Job Type: Seasonal Position 30-35 Hours per Week April – November
Salary: Contingent on experience
Benefits: Full Medical and Dental Benefits Available
- Must be a full-time Fishers Island Resident
- High School education or equivalent
- Must have computer experience and be proficient in MS Word and Excel
- Must pass mandatory drug screen
- Must pass criminal background check
- Must be able to work varied hours including weekends and holidays
- Must be available for the entire season